View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2009, 6:18 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadyeyez View Post
Bunsmaster was somewhere on the east side of Park St. between the tracks and Dewdney...I think...and Circle K used to have two on McCarthy (Rochdale and one on 4th Ave.) also one on Sherwood and Mikkelson. I grew up in the north end so those I know for sure. I can guess there were more.
I remember that Bunsmaster jingle too, and they had a location in Brandon MB (not far from where I grew up). They used to play it on the local TV station.

I lived in Regina for only 4 months on a government contract (back in 2001), but it was a great experience. I just came from living in Toronto for 2 years so it was a bit of a downshift in pace.. suddenly I had all of this time on my hands (I can get home in 20 minutes? wtf?) I lived in the south end in those apartments on Lockwood Rd.

In my time there, I enjoyed :

- Dewdney Ave (Manhattan's)?
- some micro brew pub on Albert (can't remember the name, but they had some golf arcade game from 1998)
- a roughriders game (sweet)
- the shortcut on university park drive to arcola to avoid the clusterfuck intersection that was victoria/ring road (I worked on #1 just outside of town)