View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 2:10 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
asshole white homeowners sued and it's stuck in the court system.
The most damning thing is our land use code is responsible for the current mess, my neighborhood has become. At least with the revamp, there would be more of a cohesive plan in place for redevelopment. As it is now, every house that goes up for sale is demoed with multiple condo houses filling up the lots and encroaching on neighbors. Before I go any further, because I can hear the tap tap tapping of responses. I don't have a problem with the neighborhood becoming denser. What I'm upset about is the lack of affordable housing options and the way they are currently allowed to build where they don't have setbacks when they are built just feet from existing homes. While I like variety and a unique mixture of housing designs, There are some that have been built or currently being built that not only don't fit in at all with the surrounding neighborhood, they look gaudy at best and downright offensive at worst. I just think these NAs that are fighting hard against the city are actually the ones who in the end are responsible for ruining the very neighorhoods they are supposedly trying to "preserve". The redevelopment occurring now is pricing out the existing and long time residents.