View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillySteaks View Post
Is it $500m or $300M? I also read another article that said $280M. I think their is a typo up top. The office component has the highest likelihood of getting the axe. I don't know if you can get the rents to justify new development in that location, especially because there is no KOZ - but we won't know until that time comes. Maybe there is a lot of people out there willing to pay $45+ for office space at Broad & SG. I think the apts will be an easy build, 87k SF of retail for that intersection seems like a major hurdle to jump though - although if it happens the intersection could turn into a real hotspot between all the apts, neighborhoods, current office, CCP, and the subway stop. I'm curious what kind of rents they're underwriting for the retail and office. On the $300M price 60% LTV construction loan with no Mezz means they need $120M in equity to get this going, not to mention 50% preleasing on the office and who knows for the retail. Has parkway done deals of this size in the past? If so, then they should be plenty capable.
Dunno. I forget what all projects Parkway has done. I know they are just finishing 17,000 SQFT of retail and 330 apartment units only a few blocks away with the Hanover North Broad project.

I think this space is close enough to CC (two Subway stops), and it's right off of the Vine Street Expressway, so it has super easy commuter access, that it could draw interest in office space. 1500 Spring Garden is entirely office space as I understand (1 million sqft?), is 90% occupied, and that building sold for $180M recently. I don't really think there are as many significant challenges to the office space as people would think.