View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
It's beginning to look a lot like Elections.... Soon, the polls will close....

This healthcare plan seems to be the straw that will break the government's back, since it sounds like some of the Conservatives are doubtful of the plan as well.

Vickers would probably have preferred to wait and see what the byelection results will eventually be; but this feels like too big a thing to let slide.
These talks have been happening for years, thus if this does cause an election I am sure the cons will want to be sure the Libs are shown to be equally at fault. I applaud the Cons for ripping off the the bandage as it was inevitable. I recently moved from SK where this happened in many rural hospitals years ago, during their time as a "have not province". The transition to non acute beds means less acutely trained staff needed and surely will help with some of the staff shortages (though not going to be a dramatic difference). People get up in arms about ambulances transporting trauma and acutely ill patients but the fact is they frequently bypass these hospitals anyway.

I was surprised to see both Grand Falls and Perth as that does make for a large area with no services at night.