View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 6:52 PM

Well obviously I’m not speaking to my millennial generation on this one haha. You can easily get an old iPhone or iPad for free and Sasktel has WiFi across the city if a $10/month data plan doesn’t sustain your asking. Asking for a 60M dollar library is elitism. No one that can’t afford these things is reading the latest Hilary clinton book - which was 6 months overbooked because the library only bought like ten copies for the entire city. Access to information can’t get much easier nowadays and those funds can be spent on a lot better things for people that seem to be struggling to get access to a silly physical newspaper when Starphoenix’s free app on a phone gives you every article lol. Sorry guys the days of physical books and newspapers are dead - an audible subscription to a book is like $10/month. A renovated library can for sure exist but it sure doesn’t need to be worth more than a 10 million. I’d love to see a beautiful one like Halifax’s downtown but that money can benefit people a lot better in ways that aren’t just the cost of concrete.