View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:27 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyrview View Post
Man it's the color combo of all those buildings. Green, red, light blue, dark blue, black, beige, brownish-red, white. You don't see that kind of diversity in color/architectual style hardly anywhere on planet earth. What a town.

It's a long shot project, but I think Jahn's light, curved tower would look great here and would also cover the southern mostly blank wall of that brown brick building. I know people liked the first design with the cantilevered, inverted stacks, but that feels played out to me at this point. South Loop is more about playfulness, curves.
It's true, I feel like Chicago has a variety to the colors and textures of its buildings, whether intentional or not, that should be the envy of other major cities.

I'm glad this building went up too because I feel like this (along with NEMA) serves as a precedent for taller buildings on the lower part of Michigan along the park. Perhaps 5 years ago a developer would've been more hesitant to build a 1000M or a Park Michigan Tower. After all nobody wants to be the first, because of the presumed risk. However, now that it's been done and proven, we're full steam ahead.

NOW IF THEY WOULD JUST COVER THE DAMN TRAIN TRACKS