View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 12:39 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Kevin, I agree. 30 stories, only 200 units, above-grade parking and ground-level retail, this tower (to the height of the roof) should be in the neighborhood of 320'-330'. WHICH IS GREAT!!!

I'd rather have that than nothing!
Yes, absolutely. For the record, I'm thrilled with the news of these new towers in San Antonio. I don't care at all for negative competition. I see this is as a plus because, for one, I'm happy for you guys and San Antonio, but also I'll enjoy watching these progress on the forum and when I'm in San Antonio. I'm very excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
30 floors doesn't always mean it will be in the 300 ft range. The Grand Hyatt is 424 feet and is 34 floors the same with the Weston tower which is 30 floors and almost 500 feet to the mast.. 30 floors in such a small footprint could easily surpass 400 feet.
I'm just basing that on the 3D image that accompanied the article.

I do remember the article that firedoutofclay posted, which said this:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...7&postcount=10
Quote:
Only three buildings in the city would be taller: the 38-story Marriott Rivercenter, the 34-story Grand Hyatt and the 32-story Weston Centre. It will be as high as the Tower Life Building and the San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk.
I'm pretty sure what that article quote means is that those other three buildings have more floors than this one will, and therefore, they are taller - which they are. The article also says it'll be as tall as the Tower Life Building and Marriott Riverwalk Hotel, but the Tower Life Building and Marriott Riverwalk are nowhere near the same height. Tower Life Building is 404 feet tall, while the Marriott Riverwalk is 271 feet tall. I'm not saying what I'm saying because I'm trolling the subject, I'm saying it because I've been studying building heights and collecting them long enough to know this is what we can expect, and because San Antonio is one of the few other cities where that I care enough about to pay attention to, other than my own city. As an aside, we went out to eat last night, and there was a mariachi band playing live in the restaurant. They performed Rose of San Antone, and it made me smile. I love San Antonio more than you guys probably realize.