Thread: Winnipeg Ice
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Considering the Warriors/Jets 1.0 didn't go over well at the time I wonder how the Jets/Moose/Ice combo will play out over about five years. The support of the Moose seems somewhat soft and if the Ice start trying to undercut them on price. You have to wonder at what point moving the Moose starts to make sense v the cost savings by sharing facilities, etc with the Jets.
Its always possible but I think the Moose would have to be actively costing True North money (ie. losing money) to make that decision. The Moose dont have to be profitable on their own like they did before the Jets. They are part of the deal when owning an NHL team.

If there is enough support that it allows True North the convenience of keeping them here, I think they will always do so. Fills dates as well...unless they find conflict between Moose games and concerts/events that would generate more revenue.

One thing, a quality arena of that size could attract events that are too small for BellMTS Place or cant justify the rent of the big building.

As a wrestling promoter, I'd be looking at that new arena if it existed today.