View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
no they wont. we just had Save on foods come into saskatchewan with 4 stores. theres nothing really else that can come into sk and spur anything.......Stoon/Regina/PA/Moosejaw have enough stores to support the cities, especially us here in saskatoon, we have way too many grocery stores. i think we will remain seeing Sobeys/Save on/Superstore/Coop/Walmart being the big dogs in the fight. nothing else is going to show up and compete. its just too much(IMO) ....MAYBE Metro from out East MIGHT show up...but thats 15yrs minumum and(IF).

and speaking for thee rest of the sk,

Meadow lake, Nipawin, Humboldt, Melville are the remaining towns/cities with EF in them, which are going to NF at some point. NIP/Boldt will be this year i believe, just no timeline. these places generally have the EF as the main dog, and a little COOP/family store setup to be the grab and go place. i highly doubt any competitor will run into those little places.
What would be a neat addition for those small towns is an online ordering service that delivered into refrigerated lockers. Something like this http://www.omnioninc.com/grocery .