My prediction for House of Common's seats:

Cons: 127
Libs: 92
NDP: 37
Bloc: 50
Green: 0
Indep: 2

Also, I've got an election day conspiracy theory:

Today, Oct. 14th, three soldiers were killed in Afghanistan. The nationalities of the soldiers has not yet been released. This is odd, normally the news release comes from the country of the deceased soldiers. This is even when the identities have not been released (eg: Canadian Forces: "three Canadian soldiers, who's names are being withheld at this time, were killed today....").

However, today on Election Day in Canada, the release came from NATO, and no nationalities mentioned as of yet.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/1...ghan-nato.html

Did you know that three more Canadian soldiers killed will bring the total Canadian soldier deaths in Afghanistan to 100? It's true.

And today is election day...

Would NATO be helping out Harper and the Cons here, knowing that the Cons are the strongest supporters of Canada in Afghanistan at this time? As such, is NATO not releasing the nationalities until after the polls close (possible Conservative/Harper urging)?

This way, people don't go to vote thinking about the big number 100.

Chances are they're American, but if we later find out they were Canadian, IMO it would speak to my crazy little theory here.

Last edited by DowntownWpg; Oct 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM.