View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
If the whole concern is the old houses, most of them are off to the side and for those that are in the way of building; if they can move the Fairmont Hotel to make room for the Marriott, we can move the house to.... I don't know?, the banks of the river next to the Hyatt Place or on Aubrey street next to the old houses already there. But why not just crowd them across the street from the Fairmont to create a faux village and add to La Villita National Historic District, convert a couple of those houses to little stores..... it might make it look like something is going on there and help with traffic to the "Park." Something needs to be done, it looks like a large alley way and a bunch of loading docks now.
In my opinion (and its just that,) a couple of high rises where ITC is, a "mixed-use" (a la Quarry Village, which btw, is shaping up nicely,) where the federal buildings are, and reshape the immediate area around the Tower. With so many residents living there, and the addition and completion of Victoria Commons, I bet the "Park" would be used. it might even possibly make dual use of the walkway under I-37 to the Alamodome/Sunset Station and help develpment to the East.
BTW, wouldn't the land to the NE of the Alamodome/ E of Sunset Station be a great area for a Ball Park? When I imagine a park there, I see something similar to Camden Yards in Baltimore except with S.A. skyline overlooking the outfield.

image taken from: Baseballparkpilgrimages.com
I know, its only a dream a this point, but it would look great.
Hey a ball park might be wasted space but we could get the College World Series, the Astros spirng training, and call it a success. Just a thought, what is it used for now?
sorry for changing topic and location... or maybe we could put it where the ITC is now?
I have been saying that exact same thing since two years ago!!!! Thank you for sharing some of my same convictions about this. I even started an online petition and shared it on this site or some other SA site but we need a beautiful DT PROFESSIONAL baseball field for sure!!!!!!