View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2012, 2:50 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
When I said St.George I was including the ferry terminal, which is the only place on Staten Island where tourists really go. 2 million people is a lot, just not nearly as much as Central London, of course. The wheel will increase that number, though.
Going to the ferry terminal is the same as being on the boat, it doesn't count. The City wants to get them out of the terminal. And it's not just tourists. The plans for shopping will get New Yorkers who wouldn't normally get out, there are a lot of people who like to ride just for the ride or something to do on a date. I've noticed it. Now there will be options at the other end. They can extend it further and take a ride up the wheel, or spend some time in the new shopping centers.

Quote:
One of the things I love about the London Eye is that it's only held up by one A-frame, sort of putting it on display much like a framed picture with a stand. I hope they can incorporate that kind of design in to the SI wheel while still having an original design.
It will be nice if they incorporate something uniquely New York into the overall development, without making it too cheesey.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.