View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 12:48 PM

FORT WAYNE | Development & Construction

Lived in the city for a number of years before moving back to Michigan, but I noticed for a decently sized city (265k+) with a number of active developments there was no thread for it on this forum, so I decided to make one. Not sure if anyone else from the Summit City is on the forums but hopefully so!

There are a number of active developments right now but I'll kick it off with the latest one announced yesterday:

"STAR Bank to build new headquarters with parking garage in downtown Fort Wayne"

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news...lVMyO-8KEBUzkI

Quote:
STAR announced Wednesday plans to build a two-tower, mixed-use building with a public parking garage on an empty lot at 215 W. Main St. The $43 million STAR Bank Building will feature a 7-story, 50,000 square foot north tower, 3-story, 20,000 square foot south tower, and a 387-space public parking garage.

Despite what the article says, it's not an empty lot. There's currently the I.O.O.F lodge located on the site at 222 W. Berry, and some sort of old garage located on the site also. It seems that the city likes to move old buildings versus demolishing them but I'm not sure what will happen to either of these in this case. Also, I think it's quite funny they call a 3 story building a 'tower'.