View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2016, 4:52 PM

No way. I'm no expert, but there could be factors that could slow construction, at this point we should be able to rule out financing since they wouldn't have gotten this far without it. So, it may be simply taken this long to construct the underground structure, there could be a labor shortage or dispute, there could have been a quality control issue or safety issue, they could be purposely slowing down contruction to push back the completion time, late material arrivals, poor management, the Longhorn defense and Charlie Strong (seems everyone is blaming them for something so I thought I'd throw that in). I'm going with; it takes a while to construct a deep underground structure. Maybe it takes longer for the concrete to cure with little to no air circulation. And this is the foundation of the entire tower and needs to be strong and water tight, (my Captain Obvious conclusion). You can't rush this critical component of this building. This will be poking out of the ground and well on its way up by 1st quarter 2017. Independent will only be starting to make its mark on the skyline. My prediction for the end of the 1st quarter 2017, Independant - 21, Fifth & West - 11, weather permitting.

Last edited by the Genral; Oct 11, 2016 at 5:13 PM.