View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 10, 2009, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
I think, and I'm pretty optimistic, that the earliest time for an announcement or groundbreaking would be late 2010, early 2011; 3 to 5 units a month. I hope I'm wrong and that it is earlier.
Alot can happen in 1-2 years.
Yeah, I would say you're pretty optimistic. It seems to me that San Antonio's building cycles for high rise type buildings happen about every 10 to 12 years.

This latest one has been around for a while and has added a lot to the downtown area. A lot of midrises went up with more to follow with the government funded buildings. I would say it will be at least 5 to 7 years before another tall rises.

The one factor that could change that is what happens with Ft. Sam. How much of an impact will it have on the surrounding areas? I think this is something that can finally positively effect the area between IH 35 and Houston street. But that to will be several years away.

Vidorra does have ready to go residences and they could eventually fill up. I'm not surprised that they are stuck on 50% in this economy, but the interest there has been luke warm at best. I can't see another tower rising at that site unless the property values climb significantly. They're more likely to fill the area with townehomes and call it a day..