View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2009, 2:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Yes the apartments will make an impact, but I don't expect them to kick off a Dubai-like building spree. Just here around UTSA another 2,000 apartment bedrooms opened in the past couple months. A lot more are in the planning or construction stages. No, none of these apartments abut the street or utilize a parking garage. Even so it is still more dense that single family subdivisions. Imagine if UTSA, USAA, and Valero would have been built downtown? We'd be decades ahead of where we are now. Our downtown is still attracting mostly tourist related business.
While that area is increasingly growing, those apartments are to shit. They were built so cheaply, I will be surprised if they last in a storm. In my third year of college (2006, class of 2008) I lived at the outpost in the utsa area. So many water problems and issues with the build and walls. Soon after I left (2 weeks later) water was out for two weeks and from what I understand, they still have issues and along side other apartment complexies in that area. See, the problem now is high overturn. Most people do not stay in those places for long because of issues like this. I was there for only three months. High overturn also produces high crime.