View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
Paris

I'm pretty sure the OP was just asking for favorite city, not a list
Thank you! I would suggest you to take a little time for your tour de France when you can afford it.
Any French region delivers in their own particular way, and the 2nd-rate ones may actually be more friendly and welcoming than Paris to foreigners.
Europeans frequently travelling the country like the British and the Dutch probably could second statements of that kind.

I also read comments from North Americans here and there going like - Paris is obnoxious and nasty. Don't waste time over there. But pay attention to the rest of their country, it's a delight.
This type of comments is quite a bit insulting to folks from the Paris region, but most likely legitimate, somehow.

Say life in provinces is easier in a number of aspects. There's great food out there. I think in average, they eat better things than busy Parisians.

Nevertheless, infrastructures feel backwards to me whenever I leave Greater Paris. Your phone might even go disconnected in a few small towns of rural areas, which is unbearable. The welfare state absolutely needs to solve that problem. You can't do anything right when you're constantly offline these days.