View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:48 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Alabama does not have a Houston, Dallas, Austin, Charlotte or Nashville. Texas has ass backwards politics as well but doesn't stop people from moving here...because we have large thriving metropolitan areas. AL doesn't.
Alabama does have thriving metro areas, though... Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Daphne-Fairhope... and it's not as if Birmingham is just sitting around doing nothing.

No Alabama doesn't have a major metro that's exploding economically, we have more than one. That isn't to say that the state doesn't have its problems, every state does; but, the blanket demonization of Alabama and its citizens is wholly inaccurate and entirely unfair.

Texas has more than it's fair share of hellish issues, but most people ignore them because Texas's cities are booming. Well, Alabama has it's own issues with trying to find enough contractors to build homes for new residents relocating to the state due to FBI relocations/job openings (up to 2,000 jobs) and the Toyota-Mazda plant (up to 5,000 jobs). Tuscaloosa is constantly trying to keep up with affordable housing as Mercedes continues to expand and The University of Alabama continues to push towards 40,000 students. Meanwhile, the city center of Birmingham is struggling to keep up with demand for affordable housing for tech companines moving to town from states like Massachusetts, California, and New York because they actually visited The Magic City and saw a great opportunity for their employees and the growth of their companies.

Thanks, I think I'll stick with my home despite the perceived persecution and discrimination that I'm not experiencing.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State