View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2017, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
It's hard to root for such an ugly proposal. If these high profile developers want to build a very high profile project, they at least need to invest in a high profile architect. This site should have a signature design. That's how to attract high end tenants. That's why Waterfront Square isn't finished. Such a vast site and on the waterfront near metro deserves more than a cookie cutter design. I'd rather see a scaled down project that's elegant than these apartment blocks. If they have the money to build something this big, they have the money to invest in the quality of design. Makes for a bland skyline. What is this, Newark?
Uh have you seen the buildings in NYC? And Waterfront Square buildings aren't bad looking at all tbh. They're at a whole nother scale in their area which I think is pretty cool. We should have projects like this lining the entire waterfront, but obviously there are challenges at the time being. I don't think it really has to do with architectural elegance though.