View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 6:28 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventually...Chicago View Post
The US population is growing enormously! Compared to other major countries, our rate of growth is huge. In a city that continues to be filled with imigrants (not that they are living in the spire or trump tower) housing needs to be built. If you consider that typical home prices in your upper-middle class are around 300-400k, for chicago to absorb these condominium buildings which offer similar prices is not that difficult to imagine. Our country's middle class is growing every year, if a fraction of those people chose to live in the city, there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Great point.

I'm a big fan of the "If you build it, they will come philosophy" Families get richer, they look to move up in the world. They make room at the bottom for new guys to come in. Thats how this whole system is supposed to work. Its very clear something amazing is going on in Chicago. I think it will pull through. *insert Burnham quote*

However, I'd really like to see the towers combined... Going to happen, likely no, but I'd like to see Sears topped...again (North of the River)

also: WHY IS THIS DIRECTLY BEHIND THE SPIRE! How can we hide supertalls? Carley should but the little tower by the River and the big guy by River East Center so we can see it from the lake.