Thread: Weekend in SA
View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 2:14 AM
<-- Tower of the Americas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Had to look at these again. I love your new avatar!

So is there a public observation area in the Drury Inn Hotel? What floor, and how to get there?!

San Antonio has one of the best lit skylines in the country. I really think it's underrated as such. Marriott Rivercenter Hotel, Tower of the Americas, Tower Life Building, Drury Inn Hotel, Emily Morgan Hotel, Nix Professional Building, Weston Centre, Milam Building, Bank of America Plaza, Hilton Palacio del Rio, even the Alamodome.

I am loving the new lighting scheme on the Tower of the Americas. It looks so good. It actually looks like a landmark now.
Yes, there's an observation level called the terrace level on the 22nd floor, left side of the building (if you're facing it) (pool is on the right side, 23rd floor)....but you need a room card to unlock the door, so sadly you can't just go up there
But it's really nice up on the terrace level. It's a rooftop patio so to speak, with large patio style stones as the floor, and tables and chairs, and glass panels (which I despise, but luckily I'm tall enough to peek over the top...glass panels take away from the view, and I'm willing to bet the new panels on the TofA do the same thing )

On a side note about the lighting scheme, the colored lights under 37 are awesome and give DT the festive feel..they change colors every few seconds and sometimes the colors are mixed, I could see a little bit of it on commerce & market streets from the terrace. Also, if you notice in the picture the contessa is lit up white, but it actually changes colors as well, I believe I'm remembering this correctly because one time when I looked at it it was red....and the lights that go around the TofA at the top also change colors, green red and white.......so all in all awesome at night

Last edited by sarocks14; Mar 28, 2007 at 3:18 AM.