View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 5:54 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
400 million yikes, there's already way too many people in the US and in the world! I think the US was alot better when it was around 200 million. Land and housing were cheaper, and people had room to breathe. I don't want to cram hundreds of millions of more people here. The world environment wont support hundreds of millions of more people living a US lifestyle.

Just from my company I work in IT, and only 2 years ago it used to be 90% Indian, now all the Indians are gone from my project. The Indian managers are gone, now we have American managers and the new people they are hiring are American. It seem like it's much hard to get a work visa here now. I'm glad they are hiring American people now.

It’s only a 23 pct increase.

Saying there should be fewer people in the US to combat climate change assumes the developing world won’t develop. Or that they won’t have fewer kids here than there.

More people boosts our GDP and domestic market size, which insulated us from the influences of globalism and the soft power of rivals like China, so it’s ironic that the right doesn’t like population growth from immigration. Small countries are burdened by the overreach of other nations laws and can’t protect the rights of their citizens. If a foreign country dominates your economy, you can end up being forced to adopt their regulations and laws over your own because otherwise they can pull the rug out from under you.