View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2016, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I'd always thought that Loblaws was keeping the EF in Canarama simply to keep the other grocery chains out of there. I don't really see that the switch to Sobey's from Safeway in Lawson would impact that. If Loblaws was to leave Canarama, I could certainly see Co-op looking at that space, as they don't have any grocery stores near there.

Agreed that the Canarama EF is pretty tired. It wouldn't shock me to see a new tenant simply knock it down and build new to suit their prototype layout if they were to take over that space.
loblaws also owns shoppers drug marts also. so hence this big ??? , for both of us tenants here. i agree with you, this location is one of the best for traffic wise. but with us owning shoppers too and how theyre going to a full service grocer, i dont see loblaws having 2 tenants here, we as an EF rent our spot which the overhead is stupid over the top insane in fees, but im not sure if shoppers actually OWNS that spot. i think i heard that they do.

i also agree with another tenant knocking this down too, we need a whole new roof just to put that out there, and thats 1.5mill. if my EF was to convert to a no frills, michaels independent would be out of business ( were good friends and he knows NF would kill him ) so they wouldnt have converted michaels to a independent if they were going to do something with my building. this is just my opinion. and my sales have dipped -45-50% last few weeks...and no idea why. all of us are just holding our breaths at the store right now. but i hate to say it, in my mind and for good business, convert shoppers, and close me. theyll save a wack of 6-figure dollars.

thoughts?