View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjon View Post
I believe in limited heights on the river, but it would be nice to have an iconic building or two

Since it's expected to have plenty of residences, could I just throw out the idea of stacking the tallest building in the area on top of a grocery store like a Whole Foods or HEB?
There may be a place for that in the Pearl development. There was an article about Silver Ventures I posted in the city compilations section about 5 months ago where they talked a little about how they wanted to develop the Pearl area.
Quote:
Ultimately, the project could extend downtown's tourist allure to lower Broadway while preserving a landmark. Silver Ventures officials say they're aiming high, drawing inspiration from world-class spaces like Seattle's Pike Place Market and Vancouver's Granville Island.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...11#post2861211
So there is the market idea, but obviously on a smaller scale since Texas doesn't have the abundance of food they have in the Northwest. They have already worked to establish a CIA school focusing on Latin cooking, so the food theme is continuing (starting with the company's food businesses).