View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2008, 4:45 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I'm shocked and not shocked. It wasn't anything like I described above (thank gosh!) and it did shed some new light. However, the entire piece centered around an interview KSAT had with Nelson Wolff and not at any time before they introduced the piece did they actually say that. So that's a not so shocking thing coming from KSAT.

Ok so, here's some new info:

• A study is currently being done and will be finished in the fall.

• He wants to utilize train lines already in place for the early phases.

• Wolff wants to possibly involve the Riverwalk extension (museum reach) with light rail. I'm assuming via Broadway St.

• When funding was brought up, Wolff said he wants to see the federal government spend more on mass transit options and less on highways. There was no clear answer given to that question aside from the feds. However, since it's so early in the process that's understandable.

• Once the study is complete, Wolff wants to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.
i cannot wait for the study now.

my wife and i bought a house in the deco district on fredericksubrg rd partly because of the fact that it is the busiest bus corridor in the city - with hopes that it will be the busiest light rail corridor in the city...