View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 2:28 AM

Someone mentioned on hear about a year ago the idea of tunnelling Pembina under Confusion Corner to eventually meet up with Donald where it becomes 2-way. I think that'd be the best idea, yes I know insanely expensive. HOWEVER – if the underpass needs to be redone, maybe it's not that cray to explore the idea.

Then completely reconfigure the area to have a much more pedestrian/local-area feel, and you could open up a lot more opportunity and interest in mid-high density residential development. Essentially, turn it back to the 50s when Corydon & Osborne actually converged, without a thoroughfare in the middle. Could also stand to benefit transit/RT greatly as it's such a weird setup with the transit islands & busy stops a block away from the RT station.

I think this is a project/task worth throwing some sort of design competition to completely reimagine the corner. Along the lines of what's been done in the past for P&M, The Forks, Alexander Docks, etc.

PS – I would LOVE if "O Station" became a thing. Also, Transit NEEDS to stop using the term "Osborne Junction" and say Confusion Corner. That's what people call it – could be like our Picadilly Circus. I guarantee you if someone from out of town asked a local who doesn't take transit where Osborne Junction is, they'd be clueless. Or say "I think that's the building with the big Independent Jewellers billboard."