View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 3:57 PM

Fantastic game start to finish! I didn't care how they played as long as they won, but it was really satisfying to see them win handily by doing so much of what was great about watching the team all season: stifling defence, inventive offensive plays, and a rumbling old running game.

I had just turned nine when the Bombers won their last championship, and my whole football fan life has been in the 29 years since then. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it -- what it's like for your city to have a championship -- and think back to all of the Canadian football that has gone on in that time: the cold 1991 Grey Cup in Winnipeg, the Grey Cup losses in '92 and '93, the Reinebold Era, Stegall, Roberts, Jones, feeling like we're cursed in 2001 and 2007...

It's just so good to see them finally get that 11th championship.

And I am happy that this will shut up those godless trolls who hate their city and don't understand sports go on about "no championship in an eight-team league wahhh burn IGF to the ground and give up." Though we all know they'll waste no time predicting doom and gloom for next season.