View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 4:35 AM

See, I really don't think you did. Cause you wouldn't have claimed the they were wanting toll the existing mainlanes if you did - cause it doesn't say that in any literature anywhere. I was just doing my part to call you out on it.

WHAT?

No really, it is pretty much a basic concept and I am not in special ed or anything.

Secondly, do you even READ the threads you respond to?

Who made you the expert on highway funding? How do you know the funds were used elsewhere? That they were never really there? The truth is you do not know, you think this may have happened.

But to directly answer your charge regarding medians on 35 between 1604 and downtown, it helps if you are an engineer, or at least know how to read construction documents. Hell, even living in SA for any amount of time and having seen all the construction projects going on would tell you how they would insert tolled express lanes.

First, I own a construction company in Houston and have no trouble understanding construction documents. I am, however, relieved to know if I ever have a problem understanding my plans I now have a place to go for help. Thanks TXlifeguard.

Second, much of IH35 already have vertical embankment walls and very little right-of-way. I see a problem with adding toll lanes, keeping 6-8 express lanes, and 2-6 access lanes. It cannot be done without taking property along the expressway. This is happening in Houston now.