View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1187 View Post
BA does not provide double daily service to AUS. They only fly in once a day and fly out once (That's not double daily). AUS also has more passenger traffic than SAT. I'd imagine by now that number is approaching 1M more passengers than SAT (2013, AUS had 900K more). With the tech industry in Austin and events such as SXSW, Formula 1, and the X Games, it's a more desirable destination than SA. Don't get me wrong, I love SA and would love nothing more than to see international service with a wide body plane, such as the beautiful 787 Dreamliner, but it'll be awhile until that happens.

As for the "fourth largest city in the US" quote. Please find a source that shows this.
NYC, LA, CHI, HOU, PHL, PHX are all bigger. Our overall metro population pushes us even further back into the 20s, behind cities such as San Francisco and Detroit. We are, however, in the fourth largest countyin the state of Texas behind Harris, Dallas, and Tarrant.

Again, I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but the article itself was full of holes. I had the same excitement when I first read it prior to seeing it here, but after further review, saw that it was incredibly flawed. The ONE thing it did have correct was the fact that we're the largest city with no direct European flights.
If I'm not mistaken a lot of the AUS passenger count being higher is because Jet Blue uses them as a mini hub and the fact that it is the capitol...