View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 6:03 PM

SE Loop 410 and Roosevelt Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Is Circuit City still opening here?
Don't know if CC is still in the grand scheme of things but I can say the the old warehouse has been completely leveled and as the new diamond interchange continues ( the temp. exits are in use now and the roundabouts are only partially used) the area still has alot of activity (construction-wise.) The site of the SE hospital is being prepped and I should have renderings or at least site plans for the Hospital at BCB by the end of this month.

Also, probably not worth starting another thread but it appears as if once this area is finally getting off the ground another seems to be also nearing groundbreaking.
With BCB, expansoin of Stinson Airport, Espada, Verano, TAMUSA, expansion of Palo Alto, and so on and so on; word of more development is set to break out, especially with projected help of TAMUSA.
Quote:
Despite credit crunch, retail project expected to break ground
San Antonio Business Journal - by Tricia Lynn Silva

Walker Enterprises LLLP, a Boulder, Colo.-based developer, expects to move forward with a planned retail center on the South Side.

The project will span 39,000 square feet on 10 acres of land and cost some $7 million to develop.

Jack Walker, principal in the firm, is in the process of lining up construction financing for the project. Despite the tough economic climate for such financing, the planned retail center does have some wind at its back due to the benefits of location, local industry observers say.

All told, Walker owns roughly 120 acres of land at the northwest corner of Southeast Loop 410 and Roosevelt Avenue — near the Toyota Tundra assembly plant and the future home of the new Texas A&M campus that is planned for San Antonio.

cont:
The article says construction will begin in Feb. 09. I'll keep an eye out for it. I don't like that it is the typical 410 development but I do like that it is some development.
Here is the listing on loopnet.
Here is the flyer.
Here is the SS map.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Last edited by miaht82; Apr 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM.