View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2003, 6:21 AM
BANNED

Milwaukee will be a Rustbelt town forever. We'll just be a shiny one with clean streets and a better economy. The Rustbelt is a place, not a state of being - and it's part of Milwaukee's character. MKE has been a blue-collar, industrial city for decades, and that's something I'd like to think we take pride in.

As for GE Medical, it would be very exciting to see this company move downtown. What the hell is in Menomonee Frickin' Falls? It's a hole. And they're Village President makes Shrub look like a Rhodes scholar. My next comment ties into this, I guess. It's regarding the prelim design of Ovation Plaza: Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Who's the architect? Frickin' Kahler-Slater? Because that would explain the uninspired, banal, depressing box-type crap architecture. Fine, great! Bring the employees downtown, by all means! But why mar the cityscape with a block of heavy-handed, unimpressive jizz? We've got M&I, the 633 Building, the 411 Building, the Juneau Village Apartments, MGIC Plaza, Wells Fargo, and several assorted low-rises and parking garages to do that.

(Speaking of the city being marred, Shrub was in town today. Did anybody go protest? I was there. It was pretty frickin' fun. We boo-ed his car.)