View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 2:07 PM
devout Pizzatarian

for the second time now, i listed "#4 have some children" purely for ordering purposes. in no way will having kids make you financially wealthier.

having kids is very expensive and disruptive to your life, and that's why it's a really good idea to have your career (money) and marriage (stability) in place first before making new mouths to feed.

that's all i meant.

if you don't want kids, then super, don't have any. the world absolutely does not need any more children whose parents don't want them.

but we are literally biologically programmed to procreate, so most people end up doing so one way or another at some point in their life. my point was that if you want to have a greater chance for success in life, AND if children will be in your picture at some point, it's far better to wait until you have your education, career, and marriage in place. people who put the baby cart before those other horses needlessly make things more difficult for themselves. that's all.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Oct 3, 2019 at 7:52 PM.