View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2010, 11:37 PM

I wasn't able to attend but I did watch the live feed and participate in the online debate (which seemed more argumentative than the actual event, haha). Miaht82, you could have been in a different room, but the one I was watching focused mainly on higher standards of education (from pre-K to college) and how that effects our work force (do we want a primarily service economy or creative economy?) People were split on these issues.

You can watch videos from today at NowCastSA

I think its great to be having these conversations as a community, but as things go on we are bound to have some real arguments, ones that we the anonymous chat-room San Antonians were not afraid to have---how to getter educated our population (should the school districts be consolidated to help the lack of funds in poorer neighborhoods), sex education & teen pregnancy (I heard one woman at the meeting say she believed sex ed should start at 5th grade, while another woman said that was the responsibility of the parents, not teachers). Overall, it was a great beginning, but I can't wait for the real productive fights!