View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
I heard that they're leaning towards the bottom levels of Nutrien Tower. Quite amazing that these two towers will be completely full once built. If you build it they will come!

*cough North Prairie Developments and WTC cough*

Now to watch for the action at all of these vacant old towers renovating or watching the owners of them fight with the fact that they need to renovate to make money and compete with psf costs in the suburbs to fill them up again and move business into downtown from the burbs.
I don't think that the WTC tower on 22nd & 3rd would have the same attraction that the River Landing towers have, so tough to say if Vendasta would have considered that.

As for the old towers competing with suburban office space, that's going to be a pretty tall order. If you take a look at the Dream - Saskatoon Square link above, you'll see that their occupancy cost alone are at $15.57 psf. That means they're going to have to go down and dirty on their rent to stay in the game. Also, I'll be curious to see if Saskatoon Square is still considered a Class "A" building once the River Landing Towers are online.