View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
I don't think there has been any. I doubt I will see any light rail system in St. John's in my lifetime. Not saying it's a bad idea, but I just don't see it happening. I think we need a proper bus transit system first, and that doesn't even seem like much of a priority at the moment

I agree that we need a proper bus system first but I don't have confidence that anything will improve. Maybe talk about some sort of LRT/tram system would get municipalities/metrobus in gear.

Though with the amount of planning, overhauling and new hubs/stations/sheltered stops/express routes/roadwork that would really be required to fix the bus system it would probably be easier to stick a some sort of simple rail system along a couple of the major routes in the metro region and just have the buses act as a feeder system.

Seriously with the way the metro region is laid out if you had 1 single rail system just along Topsail road alone you be serving at least 50-75% of the entire metro population. Add another along Torbay road you are probably at >80%.