View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2009, 5:45 PM

I think trick for high fertility rate in Europe is support for families with child's inside one country, and not just financial but also in every aspect, from work-times of the institutions for child's which must be compatible with working times of the parents, to the good and cheap medical care for child's.

Anywhere, financially couples with child's will "lose" money on child in every country in Europe today, compering to couples without child, they are not mobile like couples without child, but later parents with child and states profit from those child's. So of course that all European countries must invest a lot more in that, than they currently do now.

I mean why should person A and B invest his money, time and energy in his child, and after 20 or more years, that child will earn pension for person C and D without child's?

Also a lot more must be better, from medical care, schools and etc in one country.

For example medical care in France is one of the best in Europe, if not best. I know that because I saw medical system of the one Scandinavian country, and French medical system. French medical system is much better, hospitals are very good, clean, equipped and etc. Also I have friends in Germany, so in talks we compered French and German medical systems, according to them, French medical system is much better than German.

All those things have big impact on fertility rate in one country.