View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2014, 3:47 PM
Missing the Gorges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
Interesting info and summary of proposed changes to Collegetown Terrace project provided by our friend Visiteur in one of his website's entries:

http://brancra.wordpress.com/2014/02...etown-terrace/

I am a bit concerned that so many parking spaces being eliminated could be an obstacle to the needed variance pasing. I guess it's a wait and see.
Hi Ex! The parking issue is going to be tricky. The city has been making moves with revising their zoning such that mandated parking would not be a requirement, but I don't think this parcel is included (it affects the parcels close to the College/Dryden and College/Eddy intersections). If Novarr-Mackesey can provide a third-party study, I think it can be passed. The local sentiment favors this over more student rental home conversions (which, I note, is creating some heated debate near IC). I would love to see this increase commercial activity in the Collegetown and State Street corridors, but C-town is an awful market for commercial rentals (seasonal traffic, expensive), and downtown is out of the way for most of the renters.