View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
I understand what you are saying, but my post wasn't directed at whether SA can financially support the UFL and college football, but rather that whether their games are on M, T, W, Th, F, S, or Su, people are less likely to go to both events. Both UFL and UTSA will be marketing hard because they will both be upstarts. UTSA is going to need all of the money and attention they can to get to where they want to be.

I really hope that a UFL team wouldn't affect it much. I wouldn't expect it to hurt it too much unless the UFL is able catch some momentum over the next couple of years.

I'm sure that most people are more interested in UTSA football.
Yeah, I think they are. I honestly don't think the two programs will compete that much because I honestly don't think many SAians will even be aware of the UFL's existence, at least for the first few years. I see it as being much like with the Silver Stars. Those that follow the WNBA are no doubt big fans, but I'd wager most metro residents are blissfully unaware that SA even has a women's professional team (that may have changed since the Stars made the Finals in '08). UTSA football, on the other hand, has a built-in fan base of almost 30,000, plus faculty, plus alumni, plus Larry Coker fans, plus a two year head start in the eye of the local media, plus... you get the idea.