View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 1:23 PM
BANNED

Arrow I am from Sao Paulo

Well, as I was born in Sao Paulo and lived there for more than 25 years, I know the problems of that buildings. Most of them were conflicts in justice, which justice and law in Brazil does not work. The processes stay for years and nothing is done. So, many problems of descedents properties, cases of bankroupcy the company that is constructing the bldg, people who buy them in plant do not have money to finish the complete complex. So many residential bldgs stay longer time in standby and as the process do not go further in justice, they became abandoned and then invasions come.
As Sao Paulo is one of the biggest jungle of concrete, not harmonie with people, the politicians do not care about the cities, population is alone and only the business and money counts on, they still construct a lot for companies and do not see the problem at all. There is no plan, big plans like in the past to revitalize the city, although the politicians still steal money from the government taxes. So population and everyone stay alone in the middle of the jungle of aliens, where the criminality comes very high and then the language of graffitis of criminality.

The Building of Eletropaulo was problems of privatization where the companies did not want to continue the construction, because it was made with the money of population and a big debit was there, the companies did not want to take as they would go in bankroupcy. So the structure in Marginal Pinheiros very high continues to be an impass between government and privatization in justice.

In my oppinion many bldgs in Sao Paulo, as the concrete and project made was very cheap and has a ocean of bldgs, many of these old ones should be just imploded giving more space to big areas as urbanistic rooms with parks and spreading the city. So, Sao Paulo should be the biggest implosion city in world in some years. The complete city should be reviewed. That's is my oppinion. Unfortunatly there is none Hitler (the positive side) or strong men in Brazil to keep that in hands and doing a strong reform in that city.

This is the result of not caring way of politicians and institutions in Brazil.

It is sad seeing that bldgs how they are today. Space should be brought to bring more oxygen in city. So, that shit buildings should be imploded and the city reviewed. This is the advantage in US, they do that, but in South America, a review in complete complexity in city would never happens.

Last edited by M.K.; Jan 25, 2007 at 1:29 PM.