View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 6:50 PM

[QUOTE=El Duderino;8249899]I believe they need to get approval from the Historical Commission (which is a higher level review than the Architectural Committee's non-binding position) as this is going to impact a designated building (in a designated area) along with getting the zoning variance; not sure if this can be done concurrently, but I haven't seen anything on the ZBA calendar for this as of yet. Getting buy-in for the variance will require working with Old City District and other neighbors, though I haven't heard any word on OCD's position so far. Getting financing and licenses/permits/etc. would also clearly need to happen. I'd imagine they'd also have to secure a hotel partner to get financing moving as well.

I believe zoning comes before anything else is considered. Without zoning you can't even apply for a building permit, which in turn triggers other actions like the Historic Commission and CDR. In getting a zoning variance the variance itself gets attached to the property not the project, which is where the old bait and switch dance step can come into play