View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
I have no clue how that's even legal (all that blank space). I too am wondering if this is all just a stunt to get the original approved. I'm definitely liking the original much better now.

They need to wait for the updated municipal plan. The might actual be able to propose something modern and something with windows because Sally McNeil up the road is too cheap to buy a curtain.

I have to agree with you about this just being a stunt so that people will end up saying "I like the old one better" and they can proceed with their original plan. Also, how is this even allowed with so much blank space?

I hate to oppose developments but I just cannot force myself to say I like this new proposal. In my opinion, there is no need to put a "heritage" structure in this location, especially for a hotel. It is right next to the delta, which is no way heritage looking, and fortis will be right across the street. Again, not heritage. Keep the heritage looking buildings for Water and Duckworth. This is where a modern looking building belongs (i.e., original proposal).

I will stand by my opinion of people downtown that will complain. If you don't like to look at buildings, worried about losing your view, worried about lack of privacy and about noise, than you don't live downtown. Plain and simple. If you want and expect all said things, move around the bay.