View Single Post
Old Posted May 11, 2007, 5:09 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlr70 View Post
This is true. I've actually heard locals describe Clayton as St. Louis' "white downtown" as terrible as that is. It directly competes with downtown St. Louis and as far as corporate presence is concerned, well, it's winning.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've never in my life heard Clayton referred to as St. Louis' "white downtown". St. Louis' "Second Downtown", yes, but "white downtown" - no. I think you are making that up. On any given day Clayton is just as "colorful" as downtown St. Louis - in an elite sort of way. I have many pictures to prove it, so please don't spread garbage like that.

Also, downtown Clayton is not winning as far as large corporate presence either. Large corporate offices are spread almost evenly in the largest local office markets. Overall, in total corporate offices, downtown St. Louis trounces Clayton.

For the record, downtown St. Louis has three of the region's F500 corporations, while Clayton only has one. Downtown St. Louis and Clayton each has four F1000 firms.

On the other hand, the Chesterfield Valley/West County submarket has four F500 firms and three F1000.

Clayton has grown into a major financial center in the region, but most of the large accounting, law, architectural, food, energy, banking, and PR firms - amongst others - are still downtown.

Last edited by Arch City; May 11, 2007 at 5:18 PM.