View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post

SoFlo would be more appropriately characterized as becoming gentrified. It depends on who you ask, but I always thought of SoFlo as being marginally connected to Southtown. I always thought Southtown was east of King William/the Arsenal.
And even then, it hardly can be. Most of the people that live south of SoFlo/Cevallos are not going to be losing their homes anytime soon because of the exploding property taxes. It'll take a while for that to be the reality and even then, it might happen so slow that it will just be considered a natural stage of "progression" that everyone "wants" for their neighborhood. Also, it's not like a Coach store has taken up shop in the corner currently occupied by Groff Bros. Tire Co. Now if that were the case or if Whole Foods were moving in at the Tejas Supreme Meats building at this stage of the neighborhoods progression, then I might consider that gentrification, but again, even that might be a stretch considering a billionaire and a few millionaires live a couple of blocks north.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925