View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWCC8 View Post
Believe the owners were looking for a Pa state grant before going further with their exterior upgrade.
I'd rather see this hotel converted to market rate apartments and a new hotel built on the SE corner of 10th & French sts to replace that surface car park
I think the building works well as a hotel, given its central downtown location. Apartments would be nice too, but I don't think the demand exists in Erie for that type of apartment development now or in the next decade.

There are so many surface lots in downtown Erie, that it's very depressing. The corner lot you mention and the massive lot on E 10th, directly across from the baseball park are prime candidates for development. Though I don't think we'll see it because they are right across from the baseball park.

To continue on the surface parking lot topic... the HUGE lot on 10th and Sassafras is an absolute eyesore. I'm hoping that Gannon maybe will purchase it from the diocese and develop it. But it's good to see the plans for mixed-use buildings on the surface lots at 5th & State/Peach in lower Downtown.