View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 6:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternut View Post
Has anyone heard whats going on with the Avalon?

Last I heard it was getting renovated. Lo and behold I am visiting town and drive by what appears to be the same piercing eye-sore it has always been. Who knows if that’s still planned...

With nearby renovations, and the Avalons prominent central location, either demolishing, or renovating that big block of cement is absolutely necessary.

Then those totally incomprehensibly ugly single story businesses around the corner can be demolished for further re-development.

I understand one step at a time. However, those are two very important projects for Erie's downtown that are often overlooked.
Haven’t heard anything at all since a full renovation and rebranding as a Doubletree was announced a couple years ago.

The hotel is obviously in major need of renovation, and it would be good to see the single-story portion along Peach St. (I believe that’s where conference rooms and a restaurant were) demolished, in hopes of redeveloping that block. It’s such an awful stretch.

To think that the Hotel Lawrence And other buildings were demolished for that brutalist awfulness....