View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 10:22 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post
I don’t understand what you expect millennials to have accomplished. I’m an elder millennial and have only been able to vote for approximately 15 years. Is that enough time to make meaningful change? I don’t know.

I do agree that we have crap voter turnout but it would be interesting to compare boomers during the same voting age. Is it really worse? Maybe better?
I'm profoundly disappointed in our voter turnout (to be fair, I missed several elections when I was younger and attending college out of state) but I expected us to be more vocal and take more action about the shit we encountered. The Boomers organized civil rights rallies, Woodstock and massive antiwar protests and Gen Z had March For Our Lives. What the hell did Millennials do besides a few feeble antiwar protests leading up to the 2003 Invasion of Iraq? Nothing we've done, comparatively, has been as good as those who came before us and after us.

Hell, look at the disdain we receive from several formers here for our entitlement and profound selfishness. I know a lot of us here arent like that (I am, but that's a separate matter) but collectively, we've been pretty terrible when compared to our counterpart generations.