View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
there's also the issue of what to do with your car once you arrive at your destination.

maybe that's not a big consideration for LA (i don't know), but in chicago i would never entertain the notion of driving my own car into downtown because i don't want to fork over 25+ bucks just to park the fucking thing. being that i live a half-block from an el station that takes me straight to the loop, transit all the way, even if it's 5 -10 minutes slower than driving at off-peak times.
The price of parking varies in LA, depending on what time of the day, whether it's a weekday, or a weekend. There's a price per hour to a maximum rate, there's a flat rate, there's a flat rate after a certain time, there's weekend flat rates, some lots validate, some don't... and then there are prices depending on whether it's a private lot versus a city-owned lot... I'm sure other cities in the US are this way too.

So, parking in downtown LA, can be as low as a dollar for the whole day, to 35 dollars (and up) for the whole day.

~ Charles Bukowski