View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2014, 11:06 PM

Yes, crooked floors do matter. And some people don't want to live in River Heights, which is the point you grumpy old men don't understand: downtown condos and River Heights houses are only comparable in that they're places people can live. To people who don't give a fuck about anything else, paying a lot of money for a downtown condo doesn't make sense. The reason there's a market for condos is because an increasing number of people want nothing to do with River Heights or the hassles of caring for a house. Not to mention a lot of people are getting into living in real neighborhoods.

Believe it or not, different people like different things. You think people who spend lots of money on a condo are crazy, but that's what they want. I may call spending lots of money banging Thai lady boys crazy, but that's what some people want. The market doesn't judge, and the ultimate litmus test of any price is if people pay it.

People who these condos are made for are paying these prices. You don't get it because they are not made for you.

It's also worth noting that while you go choking and spluttering over the madness of people living in 500 square feet, you ignore the amenities in these condos that expand the functional living space beyond the unit itself. In the case of Glasshouse, a gym, mini theatre, common penthouse, and rooftop patio make 500 square feet look ample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy1010 View Post
I personally think it's crazy. I could see 350,000 reasonable. Downtown living brand new place on the river etc. 400? Give me a break. That's for a main floor suite!!
The lowest level condos are four or five floors above the main floor. There's also a nice looking terrace on that level, overlooking the river.