View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 10:04 PM
BANNED

To be honest, I've lived in cities around the US that don't seem to have any animosity to their suburbs aside from little tiffs here and there.

The most memorable time I can personally recollect was when I lived in Arizona, the big issues was the airport. Phoenix and Tempe would squabble all the time. Tempe would file complaints about noise and pollution and Phoenix would respond with economic numbers.

It wasn't until 9/11 that things reversed the situation and worked against Tempe's blame game of big bad Phoenix. At the time, Tempe had a proposal to build a new stadium to host the NFL Arizona Cardinals in an undeveloped area next to the Salt River [ancient Hohokam lands], however due to the proximity of the airport, even though the current stadium [which still exists and is home to ASU] was under the final approach to Sky Harbor, it was unanimously deemed a threat to terrorists.

The end result was some god-awful place like Glendale was able to snatch them up, despite season ticket holders and tourists residing in the East Valley.