View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2016, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropolis View Post
What's with the recent comments lately calling people out for being negative on the SA threads? Just because someone offers a different opinion or tries to see the project from another angle doesn't make their opinion negative.

For example, I don't see how the comment about the building not standing out is negative, especially when the original comment explains that it is still good news. Of course the building will impact the streetscape but as a skyscraper forum the emphasis has usually been on skyline impacts and not street level impacts. So when someone on a skyscraper forum says that a building built up against a structure of similar height won't stand out they are making an observation that some may have overlooked.

It seems that within the last few months people who offer opinions that are not the mainstream are getting overly criticized for them. As a forum we should be inviting others opinions and not criticizing them. Sure we can disagree but how about we try not to squash any outside thought, otherwise anyone with different ideas will stop posting and then we'll just get a forum of single thoughts.

Now back to the proposed building. I really liked the original structure that was there before and with Main Plaza being right there I'm hoping they can bring a nice design to the area. Nothing crazy but I'm hopeful it won't be a flat box of a building. Maybe it can pay some homage to the original structure somehow. I like those designs in other cities and I almost always wants SA to get a cool modern building. But for some reason with San Fernando Cathedral, Main Plaza, and the Courthouse surrounding the space, this may be the one time where I'd be OK with a building that isn't all glass, for example. Sounded weird as I typed that haha.

The "negative" comments sound like complaints. The development should be welcomed. Therefore, any "negative" comments sound like complaints and, yes, of course, you are entitled to your opinion. But, remember, the developers are professionals in what they do, and probably don't need any constructive criticisms from people in this forum. That is all people are trying to say to those people who insist on providing "negative" comments about developments and the city of San Antonio. Providing "positive" comments is always the best for "everything and everyone"!!